I love matcha powder so much and have been using it so often lately that I decided to spread this Kiss Me Organics giveaway over three separate posts – each with a recipe. What?! NEW recipes from me? It’s true and if you look very quickly you just might see those donkeys flying.
I’ve got one 4-ounce bag of beautiful matcha tea powder to share with one of my U.S. readers, plus those in the U.S. and Canada can get a 15% discount on Kiss Me Organics matcha powder when they order through Amazon. Just use the code DYEAF4S8. Offer is valid today through December 15, 2014.
SOME REASONS TO CONSUME MATCHA*:
- Because matcha is the whole leaf (and not just brewed leaves like regular green tea), one cup gives you the antioxidant & nutritional equivalent of 10 cups of brewed green tea. You also consume the chlorophyll found in the leaves which may help balance the body’s pH.
- The antioxidants in matcha help our bodies fight disease by protecting our cells from free radicals. Catechin, an antioxidant found in green tea, may be especially powerful in fighting cancer.
- L-theanine, an amino acid found in green tea, promotes mental clarity combined with calmness. This amino acid also counterbalances the affect of the caffeine in green tea. A cup a day of matcha can help reduce stress.
Now, this first recipe isn’t something you eat (though it looks as if you could), but a refreshing treat for your bod. It’s would be ideal for helping clear a head stuffed from a cold or the flu and it takes only minutes to put together. It would also make a wonderful stocking stuffer and – hey – it even smells like the holidays! Look for my second matcha recipe – something decidedly edible – on November 14.
- 2 mint tea bags (I used a combination of wintergreen and peppermint)
- 1 cup epsom salts
- 2 tsp. matcha powder
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 10-12 drops peppermint essential oil
- Cut open the tea bags and empty the tea leaves into a small bowl. Add the epsom salts and matcha powder and whisk to combine. Stir in the coconut oil and peppermint oil until thoroughly mixed. Store in an air-tight glass container.
ENTER THE MATCHA GIVEAWAY!