Before I launch into the VVLP4, I’d be grateful if you would take a few minutes to read Holly’s (My Plant-based Family) heart-wrenching post, Can Buying A Cookbook Save A Life? about Gabriel, a sweet 2-year old boy suffering from food allergies so severe that he’s had 20 anaphylactic episodes in his short life – most of them coming within the last 7 months. These reactions are so bad that this formerly happy, energetic and independent boy has begun to fear food and he’s losing weight. Next week Gabriel’s family will be taking him to the Mayo Clinic to try to get him the help he desperately needs. Holly, along with many others over at Food Allergy Moms are pitching in to raise money to help pay for Gabriel’s medical costs. Holly has written an e-book called Help Save Gabriel: Top 8 Allergen-Free Recipe Collection and is donating the $2.99 price towards those costs. To purchase Holly’s e-book, click here. To find out about other ways of giving, follow the Help Save Gabriel page on Facebook.
Okay – quickie tutorial if you’re new to the Potluck. Here’s how it works:
- Click on the link at the bottom of this post to enter the party.
- Enter the requested info: the link to the recipe(s) you are contributing; name of the recipe; blog name; your name and email address; and select an image.
- Add a link back to the linky party within the text of your blog post that has the recipe in it (i.e., “I submitted this recipe to the Virtual Vegan Linky Potluck.”) Without this back link, recipes cannot be accepted.
- Submit a second recipe, if desired.
- Spread the word! We encourage you to share this linky party with your blogging friends via social media or through a post on your own blog. The more (food) the merrier! If you would like to add a Virtual Vegan Linky Party button to your blog, you can find one here (please link the button back to that page so that people can find us).
A couple of things to keep in mind:
- Bloggers submitting recipes need not be vegan, but recipes must be 100% vegan/plant-based. Recipes containing animal products will be removed from the Potluck.
- Entry per person per week is limited to two.
Popeye Hummus by Yes! I Am Vegan
Pistachio Milkshake by Chitra’s Healthy Kitchen
Lobiani by Gormandize
Roasted Butternut Squash & Puy Lentil Salad by VegHotPot
Sides (no entries)
Triple Lentil & Cauliflower Soup with Rice by Vegan Runner Eats
Baked Mac ‘n’ Cheese by Zsu Dever via Vegan Heritage Press
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Crunch by Vee’s Easy Vegan
And here are my four picks:
Easy Slow Cooker Jackfruit by Bake & Destroy
Copycat Sofritos by Yup, It’s Vegan
Quick Cashew “Cheese” Log by Art, Health, & Happiness
Raspberry Oat Crumble Bars by BlissfulBritt
If you’re on Instagram, please follow the VVLP’s new Instagram account. This is where we share photos from each week’s winning recipes! And don’t forget, we also have a Pinterest board just for these Potlucks. We post each and every recipe on the board and we encourage you to pin as well – – just let me know if you’d like an invitation.
Thanks to everyone who participated!
READY TO ENTER?