Many, many weeks ago, NutraSpark Nutritionals generously sent me a whole bunch of PlantFusion plant protein powders – and during that time I sampled some of the varieties in beverages and also developed a couple of recipes that featured their flavored products. I thank them for the goodies and for their patience!
Full disclaimer: I’m not a big fan of protein powders. I prefer to get my nutrients from whole foods – but every now and again I’ll add a scoop of protein powder to my smoothies. Having said that…What’s great about PlantFusion is that – of course – they contain protein-packed plants like sprouted quinoa and amaranth, kale and broccoli – but they also have probiotics to aid in digestion with their “digestive enzyme blend.” One of the things I really like about PlantFusion powders are that they contain stevia and erythritol, and not sugar. Their powders have the full complement of Vitamins A to Zinc – with many exceeding the recommended daily intake. If you’re shaky on getting your vitamins and minerals from whole foods but can commit to a quickly-prepared daily beverage, PlantFusion powders would be an excellent product for you. And the flavors will definitely tempt you: chocolate, cookies and cream, chocolate raspberry, chocolate caramel, and vanilla. The Cookie ‘n’ Cream Shake below is…addictive.
If PlantFusion powders sound appealing to you, I’m pleased to have sample products to share with one of my readers. Up for grabs is one pound of protein powder in your flavor of choice – PLUS – a sampler packet that includes all of their flavors in both Phood and PlantFusion powders! Enter the giveaway below and be sure to take a look at the recipes I’ve included here. Giveaway ends at midnight U.S. CT time, May 9. Sorry, folks, open to those in the U.S. only.
- 1 packet PlantFusion Cookies 'n' Cream powder
- 2 bananas, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk (the kind in the aseptic carton, such as So Delicious)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds, optional (I think these look like pieces of cookie)
- Combine everything but the chia seeds in a blender and process until smooth. You may need a bit more water to get the desired consistency.
- Add the chia seeds and process for a second or two. Divide between two glasses.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 apples, cored but not peeled, and chopped
- 1 package PlantFusion Phood Chocolate Caramel Shake
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice or water
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Add the flaxseed meal and almond meal to the bowl of a food processor and lightly pulse a few times just to break up the almond meal and combine the ingredients. Pour into a large bowl and add the Phood powder.
- Put the apples and lemon into the food processor and process until just about the consistency of applesauce. Add the apple juice or water, and vanilla extract and process until fairly smooth.
- Pour this mixture in with dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Fill a 1/3 cup measure with some of the batter, turn over the cup and tap it on a Teflexx dehydrator sheet. Gently press down the mixture to form a circle that's about 1/2-inch thick. Repeat with remaining batter. I got 5 pancakes per tray.
- Put the trays in the dehydrator and turn it on to 145-degress F. Dehydrate for 30 minutes, then turn down to 115-degrees F and dehydrate for about 5 hours. Carefully flip the pancakes over and continue to dehydrate for another 1-2 hours or until the pancakes are firm, but not crispy.
- Serve with your favorite pancakes fixings.
ENTER THE GIVEAWAY!