Sigh. The last peanut-milk-meal + chocolate post of the 2012 MoFo season! This recipe is based on Cookie Bites by Erika over at Good Clean Food. With my first taste of those nutty-chocolatey bites, I knew I’d be making them at home – and making them again with a few minor twists. Enter peanut milk and peanut meal. By the way, is it sacrilege to say that I’m relieved that the light at the end of the MoFo tunnel is visible??
For another yummy recipe, check out Blissful Britt’s No Bake Energy Bites – or – Raw Almond Coconut Energy Balls from The Veg Bar.
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup fresh peanut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh peanut meal
- 1 cup mixed grains (I used Bob Red Mill's 5-Grain Rolled Cereal)
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup sweetened cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- Stir in the hemp seeds, coconut and flaxseed meal and mix until all the ingredients are moistened and thoroughly combined. Add more peanut milk if the mixture seems dry. Store in an airtight container for a few hours or overnight.
- Form the mixture into walnut-sized balls. Keep in the refrigerator.
- In a food processor, process the mixed grain (or oats) until broken down into small pieces. Remove from the processor and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Put the peanuts, peanut milk and peanut meal in the food processor and process into a nice, thick slurry. Add the cocoa powder, chia seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and vanilla and process to combine. Remove from the processor bowl and add to the grain mixture.