For the sloppiest sandwich ever, look no further. Tons of spicy roasted veggies and a quick guac topped with my Sweet & Tangy Green Chile-Chipotle-Cilantro Dressing. Go at it with a fork and knife or bare hands and a bib.
Mexican-Spiced Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
You're going to need a bib for this one! Smoky, spicy roasted veggies get slathered in a creamy cilantro dressing and guacamole.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 17g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrates 75g
Dietary Fiber 20g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 heaping Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dried onion flakes
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. Chipotle Tabasco
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 1 small eggplant, sliced into rounds
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced into rounds
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 4-5 cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 4-5 baby red or white potatoes, thinly sliced
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- splash Chipotle Tabasco
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- Sweet & Tangy Green Chile-Chipotle-Cilantro Dressing, to taste
- 4 really good, crusty rolls (that's homemade pan Siciliano in the photos), sliced
Make the vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 425-degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the broth through the potatoes and toss to coat the veggies with the sauce.
- Roast the vegetables until tender - stirring occasionally - for 25-30 minutes. You can serve these right away, stirring in the lime juice and cilantro, or eat at room temperature.
Make the guacamole
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with the cumin, Tabasco, and lime juice. Set aside.
Build the sandwich
- Lightly toast or warm the bread halves. Divide the guacamole between the bottom halves of the bread. Top with roasted veggies, drizzle with dressing and sprinkle on more cilantro, if desired.
an unrefined vegan http://www.anunrefinedvegan.com/