The fine folks at NuNaturals recently sent me a big box of some of their newest products so I was inspired to create three recipes using their ever expanding line of stevia-sweetened and flavored syrups. I use the heck out of these products and I think you’ll fall in love with them, too.
SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS ABOUT NUNATURALS ORDER AND SHIPPING DISCOUNTS!
First up is Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie for Two. This silky, rich smoothie addresses the in-between season we are entering: the days are still hot, but the sun is starting to lose its potency and we can almost smell fall in the air. So you can cool off while enjoying the comforting, spicy flavors of a classical fall dessert: sweet potato pie. To sweeten this, I used a brand new NuNaturals product that I just love: Ginger Syrup. It has wonderful genuine ginger heat/zip + a mild (no bitterness!) sweetness that keeps the guilt factor to a minimum.
Next up is a simple breakfast recipe. Vanilla Pancakes for Two features Vanilla Syrup and Green Banana Flour. The vanilla shines through these fluffy ‘cakes and the banana flour adds a nice hit of potassium to your recipes. It’s a gluten-free flour, so if you avoid that ingredient, you’ll want to give this product a try in your baking blends.
The final recipe is another very easy, very quick cold weather classic: Minty Hot Cocoa for Two. If you haven’t tried NuNaturals Cocoa Mint Syrup or Cocoa Syrup, you are depriving yourself of a colossal treat. These thick, rich syrups are a great way to boost the chocolate flavor in baked goods and smoothies while adding a touch of guilt-free sweetness. They’re really fantastic. I also use NuNaturals Organic Dutch Process Cocoa in this recipe because of its high quality and intense chocolate flavor. (BTW, the cute double-walled latte/tea cups in the photos are from Kitchables.) I’m excited that NuNaturals will soon be adding yet two more stevia syrups to their line-up: pumpkin and chai. Think of the possibilities for fall baking!
I hope you enjoy and are inspired by these recipes. I encourage you to try some of NuNaturals innovative stevia products! To make it easier, thanks to NuNaturals when you visit their website and place an order, you can use the discount code of BLG127 at check out page for a 15% discount on your ENTIRE ORDER. (Discount is valid until DECEMBER 31, 2017 and cannot be combined with any other discount.)
You’ll also receive FREE SHIPPING on all orders (shipped within the continental U.S.) exceeding $39.00.
Some suggested NuNaturals products:
- NuStevia Ginger Syrup
- NuStevia Ginger Vanilla Syrup
- NuStevia Vanilla Syrup
- Organic Green Banana Flour
- NuStevia Cocoa Mint Syrup
- Organic Dutch Process Cocoa
- NuStevia White Stevia Powder
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, roasted, peeled & chilled
- 1 medium-sized ripe banana, cut into chunks & frozen
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (I prefer the thick creaminess of soy milk)
- 3 tsp. NuNaturals NuStevia Ginger Syrup
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- 1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled & chopped
- water, as necessary, to thin smoothie
- Place all ingredients, except for water, in a high-speed blender and process until smooth. If mixture is too thick, add small quantities of water until desired texture is achieved.
- Divide between 2 tall glasses, top with mint sprigs, and serve.
SUGAR-FREE, OIL-FREE VANILLA PANCAKES FOR TWO
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup NuNaturals Green Banana Flour**
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla powder*
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. NuNaturals NuStevia Vanilla Syrup
- Set an electric griddle to 350-degrees F. You might also want to warm up two plates in the oven.
- While the griddle comes to temperature, whisk together the flours, baking powder, vanilla powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar and Vanilla Syrup. Let sit for a few minutes before pouring into the dry ingredients. Whisk or stir until combined. A few small clumps are okay. Let the batter rest for a few minutes.
- When the griddles reaches 350-degrees, turn it down to 300-degrees. Lightly spray the griddle with oil and ladle out four pancakes (or as many as will comfortably fit) - about 1/4 cup of batter each. Gently spread each into a circle.
- When bubbles pop up along the sides of the pancakes and the batter loses its sheen, gently flip and allow to cook for 3-4 more minutes. Remove pancakes and cover to keep warm. Cook the remaining batter in the same manner.
- Divide pancakes between the warmed plates and serve with your favorite pancake toppings.
- ** If you don't have Green Banana Flour, use additional whole wheat pastry flour instead.
- * If you don't have vanilla powder, use vanilla extract.
SUGAR-FREE MINTY HOT COCOA
DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE NUNATURALS ORDER AND SHIPPING DISCOUNTS!
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 3 Tbsp. NuNaturals Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tbsp. NuNaturals Cocoa Mint Syrup
- 1/2 tsp. NuNaturals Vanilla Syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Put all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Taste and adjust for mintiness and sweetness.
- Pour cocoa into a medium-sized pan and gently heat; divide between two extra-large mugs and serve.