I always look forward to hosting NuNaturals giveaways not only because I love their products so much – but also because they’ve been so generous with me and my readers. They love sharing their products with their fans!
Today’s recipe features a new NuNaturals product called Cocoa Syrup and my friends, it is outstanding. It has a deep, dark chocolate taste and a wonderful thick consistency. The simplest way to use it is the also the best – stir some into a glass of cold non-dairy milk and drink! So good. I’ve also been using it to enhance the chocolate flavor in my baked goods – just as I do in the recipe below. These tiny cookies were inspired by the Mint Double Fudge Bite-lettes from Laura’s Wholesome Junk Food that are my go-to treats when I’m on the road and really need something to tame my sweet tooth. I went mint-less on these, but you could easily add a few drops of NuNaturals Peppermint Liquid Stevia or peppermint extract to the mix.
I still haven’t popped my bottle of Simple Syrup, but I’ve got some ideas swirling around in my head! I love the idea of a guilt-free syrup to sweeten beverages. BTW, these are the stevia products that I use every single day in my kitchen so I’m not just passing off freebie products that some company sent me – I really prefer NuNaturals over other stevia brands. Now, here are the goodies up for grabs!
In typical NuNaturals generosity, I’m able to award FOUR winners who will each receive the following:
- One bottle of Cocoa Syrup
- One bottle of Simple Syrup
- One bottle of Vanilla Stevia Liquid
- One 50-count box of NuStevia White Stevia Powder packets (my absolute favorite)
- Bonus product
Don’t live in the U.S. or Canada? No problem! This giveaway is open to EVERYONE no matter where you live in the world!
Additionally, if you use the code BLG1214, you’ll receive a 15% discount (cannot be combined with other discounts, FYI) on your entire NuNaturals order, effective until December 31, 2014. U.S. customers get free shipping on orders exceeding $35 after discount. Please visit the NuNaturals website to see all of their wonderful products. To enter the giveaway, scroll to the bottom of this post.
Fudgey Brownie Bites
Mega chocolate flavor in bite-sized sugar-free, gluten-free cookies.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup soy flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup Medjool dates (about 7), pitted, chopped, and soaked in water for a few hours
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup NuNaturals Cocoa Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. refined coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegan mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone mats. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, coconut flakes, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the dates, water, and Cocoa Syrup. Process until fairly smooth. You’ll need to scrape down the sides of the processor bowl a few times. Add the coconut oil and vanilla extract and pulse a few times to incorporate.
- Pour this mixture into the flour mixture, add the chocolate chips and stir until there are no dry bits. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Scoop up the dough by the tablespoonful, lightly shape it into a flat round and place on one of the prepared baking sheets. Continue with the remaining dough. Bake for about 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the pans for a few minutes, then place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 16
- Sodium: 28
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 41
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 1