‘Tis the season for cozy sweaters, lost mittens, Christmas carol Muzak, and – – e-books! Lucky me, I got the early scoop on the upcoming life-and-how-to-live-it guide by Ms. Claire of Eat Well.Party Hard. And I’m sharing the scoop with you! Available for pre-order starting today, Claire has a few goodies to throw into the mix if you order Eat Well. Party Hard. between now and November 28. Order before January 1 and pay whatever you like. Here’s Claire with more:
Packed with down-to-earth, proactive steps to take that put you—not your unpredictable schedule or exhausting work hours—in control of when and how you nourish your body, this book lays the groundwork for a genuinely healthy relationship with food—one that fuels your most focused work and your hardest partying.
If you’re fed up with feeling out of control, this book is for you—especially if:
- You live your life at breakneck speed and aren’t sure how to start taking better care of your body.
- On the rare occasion that you do find time to eat something more worthwhile than a gas station granola bar, you feel like you’re throwing spaghetti at the wall in hopes that a few strands stick (because with no solid preparation system or knowledge of nutrient balance, you’re kinda making it up as you go).
- You struggle to stick to your clean-eating goals while friends, family and/or coworkers are content to knock back a burger & beer and call it a day.
Eat Well. Party Hard. addresses these specific challenges (and more), arming you with concrete exercises with which to apply the concepts covered to your own life. You’ll also get:
- A cheat sheet of the smartest on-the-go meal choices for those can’t-make-it-home-for-dinner days
- A completely customizable week-long meal planning template that makes nutrient + food group balancing a breeze
- An all-bases-covered resource list of apps + unpretentious kitchen gadgets to minimize planning and prep time, freeing up the rest of your highly valuable waking hours to get shit done (or to just stop and take a breath)
Pre-order it before January 1, 2014, and name your price. Really. Eat Well. Party Hard. is pay-what-you-want—but just for now! Pre-order by November 28 (US Thanksgiving), and you’ll get:
- Automatic entry* into a giveaway of a LÄRABAR gift pack (that’s 16 uber-delicious bars, y’all!)
- An exclusive discount code for use in the beautiful Buddha Chocolate’s online store—droooool.
- An equally exclusive discount coupon** for Zevia soda, my absolute favorite carbonated beverage (the only one sweetened with stevia)!
*LARABAR giveaway is limited to US addresses only.
**Zevia coupon is applicable toward US purchases only, and quantity is limited!
FOR THE FULL DETAILS, please visit this page on Eat Well. Party Hard.
Now, let’s get to the eating well part! Mousse tarts have become my dessert of choice for the winter holidays. I love their creamy coolness and ease of preparation. This one will find its way onto either my Thanksgiving Day or Christmas menu. I’m terrible at making the whipped cream look pretty on top of pies, so I flipped it and put it on the bottom layer.
SWEET POTATO MAPLE MOUSSE PIE
Cool and creamy yet full of mouthwatering warm fall flavors, this sweet potato maple mousse pie would make the perfect ending to any Thanksgiving Day feast.
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup dates, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1–2 Tbsp. water
Vanilla Creme Mousse
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked, rinsed, & drained
- 6 dates, soaked & drained
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (the kind in the carton)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla or unflavored stevia liquid, optional
Sweet Potato Maple Mousse
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked, rinsed, & drained
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 1 1/2 cups roasted sweet potato
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. maple extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- pinch allspice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
Make the crust
- Place the pecans in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until broken up a bit – then add the remaining ingredients until the “dough” sticks together. Press the crust into a 10″ tart pan with removable bottom. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Make the vanilla creme mousse
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and process until very smooth. Pour the mixture over top of the prepared crust and smooth to cover the entire surface. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Make the sweet potato maple mousse
- Place all of the filling ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until very smooth. This can take a little time and you’ll need to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Pour the filling over top of the vanilla creme layer and smooth to cover the entire surface. Chill the pie for a couple of hours.
- Top pie with your favorite warm chocolate sauce, a dusting of cocoa powder, or coconut whipped cream.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 579
- Sugar: 31
- Sodium: 24
- Fat: 41
- Saturated Fat: 18
- Unsaturated Fat: 21
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 53
- Protein: 9
- Cholesterol: 0