This granola was to be the crowning glory on top of one of my Vegan MoFo 2013 recipes, but the base – ice cream – failed. Not once, but twice. The third recipe, Peanut Butter Banana “Ice Cream,” worked like a champ, but didn’t call for the extra goodies on top. This granola stands on its own, so it seemed proper to share it.
Peanut Butter Maple Pecan Coconut Bacon Granola
Try not to eat this all in one sitting! Thoroughly addictive, this crunchy pb maple pecan coconut bacon granola tastes sublime on your morning oatmeal or on top of non-dairy ice cream.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 45
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice cereal
- 1/2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup coconut bacon
- Preheat the oven to 275-degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, brown rice cereal, pecans, and coconut bacon. In a saucepan, melt the maple syrup, coconut oil, and peanut butter. Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and stir well to thoroughly coat everything.
- Bake the granola for 10 minutes, stir, and return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes. Stir and return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. In my oven, it takes a total of 40 minutes to get the crispy consistency that I like – your oven may be different – so watch carefully that you don’t burn the granola.
- Remove from the oven, gently stir, and let cool.
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 83
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 1