Sugar-free Cranberry-date Quick Jam
Tart and tangy and sweetened without sugar - this cranberry-date quick jam tastes great on toast or serve it alongside your Tofurky at Thanksgiving!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 71g
Dietary Fiber 12g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 8 ounce bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup dates, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds mixed with 1/2 cup water
- In a small saucepan, combine the dates and the cranberries. Pour in a 1/4-1/2 cup water and cook until the cranberries start to break apart and soften. Turn off the heat and stir in the chia seed/water mixture. Pour everything into a blender and process until it reaches the consistency you like - I made mine pretty smooth. Set aside to cool - and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- This mellows over time, but is pretty tart - which I like - but do sweeten it to your tastes.
An Unrefined Vegan http://www.anunrefinedvegan.com/