Sugar-free Cranberry-date Quick Jam
Tart and tangy and sweetened without sugar – this cranberry-date quick jam tastes great on toast or serve it alongside your Tofurky at Thanksgiving!
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 8 ounce bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup dates, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds mixed with 1/2 cup water
- In a small saucepan, combine the dates and the cranberries. Pour in a 1/4-1/2 cup water and cook until the cranberries start to break apart and soften. Turn off the heat and stir in the chia seed/water mixture. Pour everything into a blender and process until it reaches the consistency you like – I made mine pretty smooth. Set aside to cool – and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- This mellows over time, but is pretty tart – which I like – but do sweeten it to your tastes.